Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Pick Up Your Garbage

Every day I got off the trax walked across the second railway in to the parking lot and noticed a Wendy’s yellow chili cup littering the tracks. Every day I felt the impression that I should just pick it up the trash and throw it away, and every day I said I will do it tomorrow. Every day I had an excuse, "People will think I’m weird", or "I don't want to hold up the person walking behind me", or "I could get dirty reaching down to get it." One day the trash was gone, the opportunity was lost, someone else had picked up my opportunity.

Obtaining success is the same. We make the decision on a daily basis whether or not we clean up our life, make the necessary improvements, and take action to enhance our surroundings. Whether they be physical, spiritual, social, financial, or mental, most of the time doing that enhancement is as easy as picking up garbage.

Just as there is an abundance of garbage to collect, there are an abundance of opportunities for success and growth.

What do we allow to pass by us daily? What excuses are we using to prevent us from accomplishment?

No comments:

Post a Comment