Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mustache Motivation

They say a mind is a beautiful thing to waste, but so is a mustache.

 

A mustache, or lack thereof, has the ability to provide an incredible source of motivation. After Mindi read the first sentence she asked, "How can a mustache provide a source of motivation?" I told her that I would explain later in this entry.

 

Can’t live with em, can't live with out em.

 

I tend to be a person that can't live with them. Call me new fashioned, but it seems that every time I try to grow one out, it always starts to smell, but that only makes them more powerful. Think about it. What is the best way to accomplish a goal? Constant reminding, remembering, and persuasion.

 

Every time I will look in the mirror, eat food, wash my face, lick my lips, "scratch" my nose, put my finger to my lips to think, or kiss my wife I will be reminded, I have a goal to accomplish.

 

A co-worker sent an email to the team. The 100 push-up challenge, http://hundredpushups.com/  In the heat of excitement, I committed. Push ups are easy… 100 of them will be a cake walk... I maxed out at 40. I guess I have a little work to do.

 

Mustache Motivation; I will not shave my mustache until I can do 100 push-ups. This motivation technique couldn't have come at a worse time for my wife. For weeks we have been trying to set up family pictures. Sorry Mindi, at least we can look back at these pictures and remember I must have been trying to accomplish something important.

 

So the next time you see a man with a mustache, or a woman for that matter, do not prejudge, maybe they are working on some strenuous goal. The hairier and smellier the better.

3 comments:

  1. You go Danny! We fully support you and your smelly mustache in pursuit of your 100 pushup goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Blog is a refuge and a blessing to all the people of the world that are sick and tired of being sick and tired of being sick and tired! It is not only inspirational but practical and fantastical all at the same time! I am going to grow out my Butt, (i hate big, hairy, stinky butts) untill i can successfully rid myself of my man boobs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danny, I love the new PDA blog. So proud of you! My favorite is definitely the music....so motivating....until wait...okay, it went techno on me... we're dancing now!!

    ReplyDelete